RTO CODE – 1685
- MIG Training workshops are conducted on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Workshop times and days are subject to change, therefore confirmation with college prior to attendance is recommended.
- Workshops which include practical activities will require students to bring all hairdressing equipment.
- All students enrolled with MIG Training are welcome to attend the workshops free of charge. An attendance fee will be required if you are not an enrolled student.
- All workshop learning materials and resources, including models, will be supplied by MIG Training.
- The workshops have been designed to offer students information and training that will improve their understanding, knowledge and practical skills in all aspects of hairdressing.
- Specific attention is paid to information required for completing the SHB20216 Certificate II in Salon Assistant and SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing assessment modules.
BEARD DESIGN AND FACE SHAVING
The knowledge required to safely and effectively perform a Beard design or shaving service is an important aspect of a barber’s training. This lecture is aimed to provide the student with a broad understanding of the principles of both beard design and face/head shaving.
Available Dates – 6 March / 3 July
Students will be introduced to the basic information regarding all types of hair colour services, the colour wheel, underlying pigments, consultation and colour chart usage. This is a theory based lecture.
Available Dates – 12, 13, 21 & 29 March / 6, 9, 21 & 29 August
This lecture will be a “hands on” practical workshop. Students will be shown different highlighting techniques and have an opportunity to apply these on a head block.
Available Dates – 17, 19, 25 & 30 April / 3, 4, 12 & 13 September
COLOUR CORRECTION & SCALP BLEACHING
Most hairdressers can relate to the problems associated with correcting a colour or conducting a scalp bleach service. This lecture aims to make that process not quite so dif cult and increase the con dence of students to determine colour selection and best colour techniques to correct unwanted colours and tones. This is a theory based lecture.
Available Dates – 8, 16, 24 & 28 May / 8, 10, 16 & 18 October
Students will be shown prepping techniques and given tips and tricks to perform the classics in Up-styling. Styles that may include- French roll, vintage rolls, and Chignon. This is a practical workshop.
Available Dates – 5 June / 8 August
CREATE FINISHED HAIR DESIGN
Students will learn the fundamentals of hair design including setting, blow drying and iron techniques. A discussion of the use of different tools and products and how to select these will also be discussed in this workshop. This is predominately a practical workshop.
Available Dates – 13 June / 18 September
SALON SUCCESS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
This lecture will help with the development of skills in salon culture, ethics, personal presentation, communication and customer service for a hairdressing salon or barbering shop. It will also incorporate consultation and advice for recommending products and services. This is a theory based lecture.
Available Dates – 10 July
For more information or to book a place in one of our MIG Workshops, please contact MIG Training on 0733496538 or contact us here.