RTO CODE – 1685
- MIG Training workshops are conducted on Wednesdays from 9.00am-12.30pm.
- Workshop times and days are subject to change, therefore confirmation with college prior to attendance is recommended.
- Workshops which include practical activities will require students to bring all hairdressing equipment.
- All students enrolled with MIG Training are welcome to attend the workshops free of charge. An attendance fee will be required if you are not an enrolled student.
- All workshop learning materials and resources, including models, will be supplied by MIG Training.
- The workshops have been designed to offer students information and training that will improve their understanding, knowledge and practical skills in all aspects of hairdressing.
- Specific attention is paid to information required for completing the SHB20216 Certificate II in Salon Assistant and SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing assessment modules.
2019 STUDENT WORKSHOPS
Students will be introduced to the basic information regarding all types of hair colour services, including the colour wheel, underlying pigments, colour selection, peroxide choices, consultation and colour chart usage. This is a theory-based lecture.
Available Dates – Wednesday 20 March 2019 (with Laura Ponton) & Wednesday 21 August 2019 (with Rozi Hams)
COLOUR CORRECTION & SCALP BLEACHING
Most hairdressers can relate to the problems associated with correcting a colour or conducting a scalp bleach service. This lecture aims to make that process not quite so difficult and increase the confidence of students to determine colour selection and best colour techniques to correct unwanted colours and tones. This is a theory- based lecture.
Available Dates – Wednesday 17 April 2019 (with Fiona Ryan) & Wednesday 18 September 2019 (with Neil Robinson)
FLAT TOP & HISTORY OF BARBERING
This lecture will deliver a demonstration of a flat top by a Barber. The student will also be able to attempt this on a headblock. This lecture will also provide the student with some history of barbering. This lecture is both theory- based and practical.
Available Dates – Wednesday 15 May 2019 (with Davide D’Annunzio)
SALON SUCCESS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
This lecture will help with the development of skills in salon culture, ethics, personal presentation, communication and customer service for a hairdressing salon or barber shop. It will also incorporate consultation and advice for recommending products and services. This is a theory-based lecture.
Available Dates – Wednesday 19 June 2019 (with Leanne Beasley) & Wednesday 13 November 2019 (with Jenelle Arnott)
LADIES GRADUATED BOB
A demonstration of how to do a graduated bob. Tips for an easy way of doing this for great results. This lecture is a look and learn only.
Available Dates – Wednesday 17 July (with Anna)
SKIN FADE & HISTORY OF BARBERING
This lecture will deliver a demonstration of a skin fade by a Barber. The student will also be able to attempt this on a headblock. This lecture will also provide the student with some history of barbering. This lecture is both theory- based and practical.
Available Dates – Wednesday 16 October 2019 (with Bronson)
For more information or to book a place in one of our MIG Workshops, please contact MIG Training on 0733496538 or contact us here.